Selling Your Home In Orange County
If you’re planning selling your home in Orange County in any one of the Rancho Santa Margarita, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Dove Canyon, Ladera Ranch, Coto de Caza or Aliso Viejo real estate markets, it’s important to have someone in your corner who is ready, willing and able to help you with the task of evaluating your home’s marketability. Many brokers will just give your property a quick once-over just for the purpose of getting a little info to enter into the listing information fields. I am proud of the fact that I will always dig deeper into your specific property’s details, including your home’s overall condition, special features and interesting characteristics.
For starters, we won’t take any photographs of your home until after we inspect it thoroughly, taking into consideration the fact that every single buyer will compare your home to your competition in the same price range and general geographical area. The way that your home measures up to the other real estate in Orange County is extremely important when it comes to the selling price and how long it takes to sell. I will work closely with you to tackle a number of areas that could cause concern, including the following:
1) Overall Condition – The majority of buyers are under the assumption that homes needing minor repairs are an indication of a total lack of general maintenance. If they even make an offer on your property in that condition, they will usually discount it. So, be sure to take under consideration the fact that any minor repair could result in a major difference in the way buyers see your home. I will be completely honest with you about the needed repairs that I see. Letting you know what needs to be fixed, from scratched-up doors and walls to cracks in the windows, is my job because it’s important to help you sell your home.
2) Interior – Although you can’t change the number of bathrooms and bedrooms for competing with other area homes for sale, you really should do a comparison, so that you can arrive at a listing price that will result in the sale of your home. Other characteristics and features that should be considered to see how you property measures up to other real estate in Orange County include:
- Obsolescence and the build date
- Overall floor plan
- Size of all rooms
- Condition of all walls, doors and floors
- Natural light from windows and skylights
- Kitchen elements and condition
3) Exterior – Curb appeal really is important because buyers’ first impressions when they pull up out front are lasting. Landscaping and paint are areas where minimal expense could end up yielding huge results. I’ll help you to take a serious look at what needs to be done to your home’s exterior so that buyers don’t leave before they even get through the front door.
One of the most important steps in selling real estate in Orange County is stepping back and evaluating objectively what needs to be done to a home to make it appeal to buyers. I want to help you with ensuring that your home is ready to be as competitive as possible among all of the homes for sale in your area and price range. If you’re ready to take the next step, or would just like to have some questions answered, please call me today. (949) 929-2270.